Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ode to my kidney:


















Righty, oh Righty... I have so much to say.
My whole life, its been only us, but it feels so new today.


You scared us a bit with your large little figure.
But, the CT scan shows youre just an overachiever.


I've spent my whole life thinking that there was a lefty,
I can only imagine. Your feeling of responsibility must have been so hefty.


But instead of shriviling in your pity filled gloom
You decided to get ripped and force the rest of me to make room.


So, you are healthy and thriving and strong the doc's say
There's a tiny bit of fluid, but come on , you try to be a lone kidney for a day.


I guess I just want to aknowledge your hard work
And let you know that I will calm down soon so you won't go berzerk.


But, I do have one tiny favor to ask..
Its really really small, so dont take me to task.


I have this thing...this little old thing
The docs say its ok and its something we can swing.


I would like to run the marathon. Its 4 days away
So, how about we do this thing, whatdya say?

I promise to drink lots of water with glee
So, just make sure you do your job and filter that pee.


And when it is over, I promise you one thing
I will sit my butt down on a bench or a swing.


Or a chair or a couch or a bed or a table
Heck, Ill sit my butt down on some hay in a stable.


I promise to rest and let you get some zzz's when its done
But until then, do me a solid and stay on top of your function?


Right kidney, my kidney, my dear old new friend
Although I miss lefty, it is you on which I will always depend.


So, let's cheers to this newfound friendship, but before I bid adiou
You mind giving my damn uterus a pep-talk too?

7 comments:

Hannah Lesley said...

love it. so, so, so much.

i will be cheering you on here in denver, that's for sure.

i'm sending lots of prayers your way too.

Anonymous said...

You're amazing! LoL ...Good to hear about righty...wonder what happened to lefty? Glad you get to run.. I'll be cheering for ya

Erica said...

love it!! i'm so glad you get to run. you will do great :)

Paula Irwin said...

You are so creative!! Love this :o)
I am praying for you, Steph! May God protect your body and give you strength to start and finish the marathon!! We will give Him all the glory (and a little high 5 to you for finishing well!)!!

ernp06 said...

yaaaaaaaay, steph!! so glad your kidney's functioning!! good luck @ the marathon. many thoughts & prayers headed your way!

Goeb Life said...

You are amazing! I am so jealous that you ran a marathon! I have long thought about it, but where to fit it in my crazy life.

We are happy to hear that you and "righty" are doing well. :)

Love to you and Scott.

Jamie Cascio said...

Why have I never read your blog? Why did I not know you had one? I need to spend more time on the CPU, which is exactly what I am doing right now. Not because I have any time to but because I can not get up. Your words are amazing. My husband is sitting on the couch(playing video games of course!) wondering why he hears laughter but sees tears. WOW. A.MAZE.ING. That is what you are..